This category is for questions to help those who are building applications on the Okta Platform and those who are preparing their application for the Okta Application Network.
How to ask a good question:
- Make sure you are providing the right context in the title and description. Titles such as ‘Question about using the Java SDK’ are not descriptive enough. A better title would be ‘How do create a user with an Active status?’
- Make sure you include information about what you are trying to achieve, and what you have tried. This will help the community understand what troubleshooting steps you have gone through, so the community can provide additional suggestions.
- When using an SDK, tool, client, or integration, make sure you provide that information along with the version number.
- Make sure you include environment-specific information such as OS / Language Runtime / etc.
- Make sure you are not asking a duplicate question. Repeat questions water down information across multiple posts and create additional work for the community. Always check to see if your questions have been asked previously.
- Do not double post. If you ask a question on StackOverflow, support.okta.com, and devforum.okta.com you are causing additional work for the Okta team. Okta has team members that monitor all locations, so double posting doesn’t put additional eyes on your question