Hello, I'm Matt Raible

Hi y’all!

I’m Matt Raible from the Developer Relations team at Okta. I joined way back in 2017 as part of Stormpath. My team is responsible for helping developers use and learn about Okta. Our biggest goal is to get you into production and help your applications thrive!

Prior to Stormpath and Okta, I was an independent consultant for 20 years. I specialized in Java, Spring, and Angular. I’ve always been a big fan of web frameworks and I feel lucky to have gone from Struts and Spring MVC to Angular, React, and Vue.js. I started speaking at conferences in 2004 and only realized that I’d be good at developer advocacy in 2016. Now it’s my dream job! I love helping developers get stuff working and be more productive.

When I’m not helping developers or writing code, I love mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and skiing. I’m a big fan of craft beer, scotch, and classic VWs. You could even say I have an expensive obsession with Volkswagens. My yellow one is 1966 with a Porsche 911 engine and the blue one is a 1990 Syncro Westy with a Subaru engine. They’re fun to drive because people often smile and wave.