Java Microservices with Spring Cloud Config and JHipster

Dean Martin

Hey, Just wondering why Spring Cloud Config doesn’t work with Git on Heroku for the Jhipster-Registry? As per the Jhipster documentation it says only native is supported. Is there workaround? Thanks

Matt Raible

I’m not sure since I haven’t tried it myself. Can you please post this question to Stack Overflow with the “jhipster” tag. Please include the errors you’re seeing when you try to do this. The JHipster project is good friends with Heroku so we should be able to figure out a solution.

Dean Martin

Actually this is working perfectly for me. Registry is deployed to heroku and Spring Config is doing it’s thing no probs. Perhaps documentation is outdated. Very cool thanks.

Tibor Kiray

Hello,

It seems that there is an issue when I am trying to access http://localhost:8761/
I am getting the pacman page.
The e2e test runs successfully. I was able to access this url in the past but this seems to be a broken now.

Is this a known issue or should I create one?

Thanks!

Matt Raible

I haven’t seen this issue, so yes, it’s probably best to enter an issue in the JHipster project with steps to reproduce. You might also try JHipster 7. I just published a tutorial on it today: Reactive Java Microservices with Spring Boot and JHipster.

Vikas adyar

Hi,

I was just exploring jHipster. I found that most of the tutorials are based on the basic setup of microservices using jHipster. I was just curious to find if there are any advanced tutorials which include
* Communication between Gateway service and other services.
* Communication between services using Feign Client and how to setup one.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Matt Raible

I haven’t written any, but I’ll keep your suggestions in mind for future tutorials. In the meantime, you might check out this JHipster YouTube playlist.

Vikas adyar

Thanks Matt.