Asp.net MVC 5.x Session Expires - AJAX Request

Using the following code example https://github.com/leebrandt/okta-aspnet-mvc-authz-example

Scenarios

1. (Works perfectly) - If a user sits on the page with out any activity for more than an hour the login session expires (.AspNet.Cookies) and when the user clicks to navigate to another page a status code 302 => okta auth occurs to authorize the user again “/oauth2/default/v1/authorize”
  2. (Fails - Cors) - If a user sits on the page with out any activity for more than an hour the login session expires (.AspNet.Cookies) and when the user clicks on a button to save some work via AJAX call a CORS error occurs because AJAX request has been blocked by the CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

Do have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Have you added the domain your app is hosted on as a trusted domain for CORS in Okta?

Yes I’ve added my local dev to the Trusted Origins under the security > api section

What’s the request path that is resulting in the CORS error? Is it still the same authorize endpoint?

Typo in my CORS

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.