Build a CRUD App with ASP.NET Core 2.2 and Entity Framework Core

Build a CRUD App with ASP.NET Core 2.2 and Entity Framework Core

This is a step-by-step for creating a CRUD application using ASP.NET Core 2.2 and Entity Framework Core.

Ahad L. Amdani

Not sure how this was missed, Lee, but please update the Configure Authentication in your ASP.NET Core 2.2 Application section at https://developer.okta.com/… to exclude the NationStar / Mr. Cooper Okta Domain and replace it with https://{yourdomain}.okta.com, as you’ve done with your other appsettings in the Okta section. Feel free to remove my comment afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

leebrandt

Ahad:

It’s actually not in there. Our site is set up so that when you view the blog, if you are logged in to an Okta org, you see that domain (your domain). For instance, when I view the Okta settings section, I see “dev-846291” as the Okta domain. Sorry if this caused any confusion. Leaving the comment for posterity.

Ahad L. Amdani

Yes, Lee! I found this out moments later (as I kept seeing it across the various articles I was reading through here).

My apologies, and thanks for pointing that out. I have removed my comments in the other articles, and this will hopefully clear it up for anyone else who comes across something like this.

Thanks!

Matt Wohler

So far so good. Something that could be missing for people following this tutorial from fresh installations is the following command to install the aspnet generator:

dotnet tool install --global dotnet-aspnet-codegenerator

leebrandt

Interesting. I don’t remember installing that on my machine, but I must have. :smiley: I will update the post.

berdon

Fwiw, anyone using this guide with .NET Core 3 Preview (or otherwise) will have a bad time. The Newtonsoft.Json breaking change kills Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OAuth’s claim handling causing the OpenIdConnect’s authentication handler to die in a blazing fire when attempting to handle ClaimActions.

Manually referencing 2.0.0 in the Server project doesn’t work either. Forking, dropping all projects except Okta.AspNet.Abstractions and Okta.AspNetCore, and swapping things over to 3.x.x-preview and netcoreapp3.0/netstandard3.0 does work. It’s just a pain.