I could use some help. The simple question is:
- I cannot use the OKTA Widget on this page
- I can’t use server-side code (like the OKTA .NET api).
I need a simple function to check if a user has authenticated through OKTA:
if (IsAuthenticated()) RedirectUserToApp() else RedirectUserToAuthApp()
What would the contents of IsAuthenticated() be?
User must login to a platform that cannot incorporate an API. Logic is as follows:
- User makes request through QV Auth Page. Auth Page checks if user is logged in (through OKTA). If not see #2. If so, see #6.
- User is redirected to a small app (Auth App) that incorporates OKTA ASP.NET Middleware.
- Auth App first authenticates user with OKTA
- Auth App retrieves app specific user data
- Auth App redirects user back to Auth Page which will re-check Authentication
- If Authenticated, user is redirected to originally requested app.
(See attached image)
It is within the Auth Page that the IsAuthenticated() function is needed.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Note: This whole setup is following the second suggestion from a post I made here.