Custom domain redirects to default org '-admin' url instead of staying custom url when traversing from 'My Applications' to 'Admin'

1. Custom domain setup complete:

2. Traverse to ‘My Applications’ via custom domain just fine:

3. Now when I click on ‘Admin’ to traverse to admin console, I get redirected to my default org ‘-admin’ url (dev-775665-admin.oktapreview.com) instead of staying on my custom domain url (myokta.sonicstartsvcs.com):

I have followed the setup instructions to the T, so wondering if there is something undocumented that I am missing? Like maybe needing to point my custom domain specifically at the ‘-admin’ url?

Hi @klele

Custom domain feature was designed for the end-user subdomain (eg. dev-775665.oktapreview.com) to offer a more customized experience, for example for API endpoints or authentication page.

The admin subdomain (eg. dev-775665-admin.oktapreview.com) is not targeted through this feature and, as such, it remains unchanged.

If you would like to have also the admin subdomain changed, please feel free to suggest this on our Ideas platform available at support.okta.com >> Product >> Ideas.

Well, at the very least, leaving the -admin site by using the My Apps link should take you back to the custom url, not the Okta url. Why? Because it forces me to login again (when I’m already logged in via the custom URL) and is kinda lazy in terms of implementation.

Actually this is super annoying, Admins are also most of the time end-users. And it forcing to re-login to the same thing from which you coming already logged in. There should be an option to customize that by custom domain of that ORG and even better to customize that as whole for example we have lot of org2org apps in okta accounts and would be awesome to redirect all those links to one Okta Spoke dashboard even in different Okta domain.

+1

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.