Get assigned user properties in a claim

I need the client credential flow because I am doing machine to machine interaction.

I found out I can link an user to an ‘client credentials’ application.

Then when I call the token endpoint with client credentials, I would like to have some information to which this application has been assigned.

I read that this can be done by using claims. Now my question is, how do I get the properties of the user that is assigned to my app.

I checked https://developer.okta.com/docs/reference/okta-expression-language/ but could not find any function that does what I am looking for.

Hi @arno.overgaauw

To double check, are you looking for one of the following documentations?

Hi @dragos,

I was aware of these endpoints but it would mean an additional call to Okta (besides possible ways of caching).

The use case I have is: users need to be able to run api calls on servers that are headless and there can’t be user interaction when the scripts run. I am looking at a possible scenario of having 1 client per user and I am exploring how I can set a custom property of a client with the username of the user.
Do you know if this is possible without making another call to Okta to find out what user is linked to an application?

Hi @arno.overgaauw

Can you please open a support ticket with us at developers@okta.com in order to have a screen sharing meeting and discuss further about this implementation?

Hi @dragos,

I will do that.

Cheers,
Arno

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.