How Can I Correctly Integrate Okta with Our Application (using auth0) for SSO

I aimed to enable users to access our application directly from the Okta dashboard through a single click. Here’s the process I followed to set this up:

1. Development Account Creation: I established a development account for Okta using a Google account.
  2. Identity and Service Providers Configuration: Okta was configured as the Identity Provider (IdP), and our application was set up as the Service Provider (SP).
  3. SAML Application Setup: I proceeded to create a new SAML application in Okta, specifying it as “internal” and providing the necessary URL and Entity ID.
  4. SAML Configuration in Auth0: With the details from the Okta SAML application, I configured a SAML connection under the Enterprise connections in Auth0.
  5. Enabling IdP-Initiated SSO: I enabled IdP-initiated Single Sign-On (SSO) within the Enterprise connections settings in Auth0.
  6. Login Flow Verification: The login flow was tested and confirmed to work as follows: Our login application redirects to Okta (which momentarily shows a loading screen) and then successfully forwards to our dashboard application, courtesy of the specified redirect_uri.

However, I encountered an issue when initiating the SAML application directly from the Okta dashboard. The flow gets stuck at Okta’s loading screen and subsequently redirects to a Google page with the URL pattern https://www.google.com/a/{domain}/acs.

This might be an edition issue where Google may not support using a free version of the Standard (Free) Edition of G Suite. Ideally, you wouldn’t face these issues if you have a corporate account and a paid Google Suite established.

Perhaps this document can help? Do check it out Troubleshoot single sign-on (SSO) - Google Workspace Admin Help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.