How Per Device Remember me API works

I have setup a sign on policy with a rule to prompt for factor, and have Per Device selected, and Remember Device By Default checked.

I see the response coming back after logging in

“policy”: {
“allowRememberDevice”: true,
“rememberDeviceLifetimeInMinutes”: 0,
“rememberDeviceByDefault”: true,
“factorsPolicyInfo”: {}
}

But how do I utilize this feature, so that the MFA question is not required when logging in from the same device?
I do not see anything on the object to post back when I verify the question answer?

Thank you.

I see now that I must pass the devicetoken during the authentication process like below…
{
“username”: “someuser”,
“password”: “********”,
“Context”: {
“deviceToken”: “LcXgMJAvofqXc+njrIIzf6Kc4TIs6wmo”
}
}

and then add /verify?rememberDevice=true to the MFA authentication URL, but I still am getting MFA_REQUIRED when logging back in again passing the same devicetoken.

I also have the Per Device selected in my Sign On policy Rule.

Am I missing a step?

context should be lower case

Authenticate with devise token

{{url}}/api/v1/authn

{

“username”: “{{username}}”,
“password”: “{{password}}”,
“options”: {
“multiOptionalFactorEnroll”: false,
“warnBeforePasswordExpired”: true
} ,
“context”: {
“deviceToken”: “26q43Ak9Eh04p7H6Nnx0m69JqYOrfVBY”
}
}

Then you need to verify : {{url}}/api/v1/authn/factors/{{factorId}}/verify?rememberDevice=true

{
“stateToken”: “{{stateToken}}”,
“passCode”: “389340”
}

Next time you login with same device token should get session token and not "MFA_REQURED . If you implementing this with own application you need to create cookie with device id. Ithas to be secured cookies.
Okta drops device cookie “DT” in browser . If you clear your cache then you will be ask again. You need to implement this flow in login process to validate DT and every time user login

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.