How to access the scopes from my app

I created a native app and I granted the user a scope to manager users however the default server is rejecting the request when the user logins. The response claims it is because the scope doesn’t exist in the authorization server but it won’t let me add the scope. What do I do?

@abroadhurst Hi, did you configure the scope in the authorization server? What do you mean “it does not allow you to addd the scope” Any screenshot of your settings?
The below link includes the way to add scopes to the server.
https://support.okta.com/help/s/question/0D51Y00008MuHYjSAN/how-do-i-request-for-oktausersread-scope-from-default-okta-authorization-server-?language=en_US

I’m trying to use ‘okta.manage.users’ as a scope which is set to ‘granted’ in the native app but it does not allow me to add it to the server or use it to authenticate against the server:

I would like to know this as well, last update was Nov 2021!

Can someone from Okta please let us know.

You can use API scope in different way, in api where calling app is a third party or external application. the calling application will sent autorize request to access requested scope and it will be decide by user like accept or deny.
sofa cum bed with storage

these okta.* scopes are only applicable for use by the Org Authorization Server.. You cannot request (or create) these scopes for a Custom Authorization Server, which includes the server called “Default”.

If you need the okta.manage.users scope, you would want to update your appliction to use the Org Authorization Server instead, by setting the issuer to just your Okta domain (without /oauth2/default)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.