How to extend life of API token?

The API token generated is valid only for month. Can we extend the life of generated token?

Hi @pooja1

The API token has a lifetime of a month and will expire if not used. If the token is used for at least a request, then the lifetime resets.

1 Like

Hi,
may I ask why the API token expires after one month (already)? I would be happy if I had an option to customize the tokens TTL.

Security - if tokens are not stored securely Bad People ™ may obtain them and use them to compromise your Okta org. Inactivity is an elegant way to ensure a lost / forgotten token can’t be used against you.

Thanks for the reply! I figured that was the obvious reason and while this seems to be a practical standard for most use cases, I and the company would prefer to set the security rules according to our own needs. Is there any way that you can implement a custom TTL?

For example on a barely used dev stage the token security is not really a concern but a revoked Token is annoying, because this probably means you need to redeploy before you can start testing. Obvious workaround here is a cronjob but i would like to avoid that.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.