Logout misbehaviour

Hi Friends,

I am developing a SSO using PKCE, this is our first devolop of this kind, we are login without problem, when the user logout from the system evething runs great, but when the user tries to login again using his/her credentials, the system replies: Your login was unsuccessful. Please try again. In both logins the user use the same credentials set, but in the second login the login fails. Can you advise me about this weird behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Is the error being returned from the /authn endpoint? What is the response you see being returned from Okta?

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your answer, the answer is:

image001.png

And in the browser we have:

Please, if you need else information, let me know it.

Thanks

That error doesn’t seem to be coming from our /authn endpoint, which is curious. Are the requests to Okta being handled server side instead?

Hi Andrea,

The authencation with Okta is done from client side, javascript, now the more weird factm, is that in the first authentication all works fine, this message is showed when the user tries to login again. Our system is programmed in asp.net flat, we don’t have MVC or Core asp, with this scenario do you think that we have to try to do the autorization from server side? and How I check if the message came from auth endpoint?

Thanks in advance

Do you see any network calls to https://{{oktaDomain}}/api/v1/authn when the user attempts to login?

Hi Andrea,

I executed the system, to obtain the infomation, in both case I deleted previous information, to obtain only value information, I send you two screenshots:

1. Figure 1. Yo can see:
  2. Reply of Authenticate with the answer of Okta login.
  3. After Authenticate, we have:
  4. SessionCookieRedirect
  5. redirect
  6. Login, again in our system with the code1. Figure 2:
  7. Reply of Authenticate deny the authentification from okta login
  8. Login, with error, it doesn’t return to our system

Please let me know if these information is enough. If you want I can create one video.

Thanks in advance

Figure 1:

Figure 2: