NEED HELP: URL File Download Through Okta SAML 2.0 Request

Folks,

This is my first time here. I work for a company that uses Okta as the new AD and various sites I use are protected by Okta sign-in (I believe SAML 2.0, since I am able to see the SAML trace with SAML-Tracer). I am developing a reporting tool that download files from URL without user interfacing with browser. In the past I was able to have a browser prompt the user to sing-in to Okta for the 1st file and the auto download the rest of them but I believe there must be a way to send the URL request with a header or token to by pass the SAML request and download the file.

Today if I try a direct download of the file, I get an file that shows the HTML response of the request with what looks like a form or something and mentions as the INPUT TYPE = HIDDEN and the NAME = SAMLRequest.

If possible, I need some help buidling my URL request to download the file directly without issues from Okta. Any help or examples are welcome, thanks!

PS I am not an experience programmer. Background in Mech Engineering and trying to learn some programming. Using C# to develop the tool.

Thanks for the support!

@lmatos Can you please open a support ticket through an email to support@okta.com with this issue? One of our Technical Support Engineers will take the case and assist you in narrowing down the cause of the issue.

Done, thanks for the guidance!

@lmatos Np. Then I’ll close this one.