oktaAuth.isLoginRedirect() returns False After Redirect Back

To resolve the issue detailed in Redirect Issue: Successfully Logging in with Okta but Redirected to Okta Dev Dashboard Instead of redirectUri, I made changes to the link of the ‘Sign with Google’ button in the Customized Help Links section, to be https://{oktaDomain}/sso/idps/{googleIdpId}?fromURI="+encodeURI(redirectUrl);. This allowed me to successfully redirect back to my specified redirectUri after logging in with a Google account.

However, I observed that oktaAuth.isLoginRedirect() returns false after the redirect back, and it becomes true only when I call oktaAuth.signInWithRedirect() again.
How can I address this? Is there a way to set oktaAuth.isLoginRedirect() to true immediately upon redirecting back to the redirectUri?

You need to kick off the /authorize request once Okta redirects back to your application. When logging in through an external Idp in Okta Classic, the flow will only get you into the Okta dashboard. Passing a fromURI to the /sso/idps endpoint will only ensure that users are sent back to your application, not that the /authorize request would be made.

So yes, you will need to call signInWithRedirect to complete the login flow for these federated users so that your application can receive tokens.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.