oktaSignIn.authClient.token.parseFromUrl - Uncaught TypeError: e.indexOf is not a function

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong with my code or not so let me explain what I have done so far.

I was following the guide for the JS widget here

I added the configuration example. I installed the two composer require okta/jwt-verifier and composer require spomky-labs/jose guzzlehttp/psr7 with no issues. I am able to link to autoload.php just fine.

First I added the widget configuration example on the page which was returning errors. At first I was getting an error hasTokensInUrl undefined in which I followed this forum post where it seems like the code example on your page was outdated so I changed the values of some of the syntax from the examples in this URL from rburrows which seemed to fix the problem.

After making those changes to the syntax I am able to get the login screen to render. I am able to login with my okat account. After a successful login (I think) I am returned back to my application with the access token and ID Token in the URL. It seems the configuration example I linked to before does not work with 3.2

At this point the “authorization header” is not returned. Also in my console I am left with the error token.js:654 Uncaught TypeError: e.indexOf is not a function at b (token.js:654) at Object.parseFromUrl (util.js:70) the point of the error is happening with oktaSignIn.authClient.token.parseFromUrl(

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?