On-Behalf-Of flow

Okta can support on behalf of flow same like AAD(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/v2-oauth2-on-behalf-of-flow)?. The Idea is to use an Access Token to generate Another one based on another scope. (i.e. An API A, that has been called with an Access Token A, need an access token with API B Scope in order to call on behalf of the user that has generated the Access Token A)
Please help!

Hi @msinha53, unfortunately as of right now Okta does not support this flow. I can tell you adding this functionality is on our radar but currently I can’t offer a timeline.

@Cale Any updates on this specific feature? Overall the OBO workflow provides a more seamless SSO experience for the customers. And backend logic can make the magic happen and the end user doesn’t need go through an explicit Authorization Code Flow in order to access another service. Thanks!

To keep up to date on this feature, we recommend reaching out to your Okta Account Manager or, if assigned, your Customer Success Manager.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.