Register Custom URL Domain - GoDaddy

Inside my GoDaddy DNS Records I’ve tried the following records but nothing seems to successfully register.

TXT _oktaverification.{domainname}.com {key}
TXT _oktaverification {key}

What other DNS Record am I missing?

Hi @zlannin

Except the TXT record, the CNAME entry at the end of the configuration in Okta needs to be added in your DNS zone. The CNAME is for the subdomain that will be used as custom domain for Okta with a value pointing to yourOktaSubdomain.customdomains.okta.com.

I’ve been struggling with this one but finally got it. Wanted to share for future reference.

If you are using a subdomain “login” in login.example.com then you only need “_oktaverification.login” as the host value (ignoring the “example.com”). GoDaddy just assumes the rest of the domain. Then, using Google Dig you will see the data value now return for _oktaverification.login.example.com

Hope that helps.

@dragos How did you get the certs from Godaddy? Each time I try to add them to Okta settings, it tells me they are in the wrong format. Can you share how you got yours from Godaddy if they worked? Thanks!

Thank you @jalbers that was the key, leaving off the .example.com part in the TXT record. Then using the original private key from godaddy rather than the PEM file you download from their site.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.