Reset Password and Reset Multifactor lists are always empty

We have about 2000 active People in our Okta instance. However, when I navigate to DirectoryPeopleReset passwords, the list is always empty:

As you can see, I’ve toggled the Show status: All button.

If it matters, these users were imported from our old user management system and their passwords are set using an Okta Password Inline hook that reaches out to the old system to set the password upon their first log in. Most of these users haven’t logged in yet so their passwords aren’t set. But a handful definitely have, and even if the password isn’t set, I expect I should be able to reset passwords.

Why are no users showing up in the Reset Password screen?

It looks like that screen is limited to users who are locked or are in the PENDING state where they were sent an activation email.

You can click on each individual user and then click on the Reset Password button but it can be tedious.

The easier way would probably be to use the API to reset the user’s password.
https://developer.okta.com/docs/reference/api/users/#reset-password

It looks like that screen is limited to users who are locked or are in the PENDING state where they were sent an activation email.

Thanks. Do you know for sure that the screen is limited to locked-out or pending users or is it more of a guess? Given toggle buttons at the top are

Show status

• Locked out
  • Expired token
  • All

I would expect All to mean all statuses, but maybe I’m wrong.

I don’t know for sure but I do see the same behavior in my environment.

I agree that the wording isn’t super clear :confused: