I would like to authenticate my scim with OAuth with SCIM 2.0 Test App (Header Auth) application. Do you have a guide on how to do that? from what I understand I need to pass the access token and somehow to veridy that at my application. Do you have a go implementation?
Hi @aviadh! We don’t have an official guide but I am happy to walk you through the process.
We have an OAuth authentication option with our SCIM 2.0 Template App; you may search for it under Applications > Browse App Integration Catalog > SCIM 2.0 Test App (OAuth Bearer Token).
Things to note:
- You may use Okta as an authorization server or another authz server of your choice.
- Okta supports OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code Flow Grant.
- You can manually test the access token within the template app like so:
but one caveat is that although you can configure for refresh tokens, there is currently no way to test this within the app - this feature is soon to come.
- Once you submit your SCIM integration (https://oinmanager.okta.com/) you will need to provide Okta with a client id and client secret as well as the necessary endpoints:
And once your app is integrated into our OIN, then refresh tokens will automatically work as intended.
- We include the Client ID/Client Secret provided in the body of the request we send to the provided Token endpoint, NOT the headers
Lastly, we don’t have a Go implementation specifically for OAuth-SCIM setup, but I recommend taking a look at our Go Resource Server Sample which uses the Okta JWT Verifier for Golang to validate access tokens.
- SCIM - frequently asked questions | Okta Developer
- Example SCIM implementation - Prepare your SCIM service | Okta Developer