Unable to resolve Configuration with the provided Issuer of "/oauth2/default"

I’m using spring boot with vuejs, I’ve added the okta-vue sdk and its working fine. tried configuring the resource server but it kept throwing the below error;

Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'securityConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setContentNegotationStrategy' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.web.servlet

what I did:

1. Added Okta dependency

<dependency>
             <groupId>com.okta.spring</groupId>
             <artifactId>okta-spring-boot-starter</artifactId>
             <version>1.4.0</version>
         </dependency>

then added

@EnableWebSecurity
public class SecurityConfiguration extends WebSecurityConfigurerAdapter {
    @Override
    protected void configure(HttpSecurity http) throws Exception {
        http.authorizeRequests()
                .anyRequest().authenticated()
                .and()
                .oauth2ResourceServer().jwt();
    }
}

added the issuer and client id in the properties:

okta.oauth2.issuer=https:///oauth2/default
okta.oauth2.client-id=

ERRORS:

Exception in thread "task-2" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error creating bean with name 'delegatingApplicationListener': Singleton bean creation not allowed while singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method implementation!)

`.OAuth2ClientConfiguration$OAuth2ClientWebMvcSecurityConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setClientRegistrationRepository' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'clientRegistrationRepository' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/security/oauth2/client/servlet/OAuth2ClientRegistrationRepositoryConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.registration.InMemoryClientRegistrationRepository]: Factory method 'clientRegistrationRepository' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to resolve Configuration with the provided Issuer of "https://dev-374370.okta.com/oauth2/default"`
  1. Added both okta spring boot starter and

org.springframework.security.oauth.boot spring-security-oauth2-autoconfigure 2.3.3.RELEASE

then added the
@EnableResourceServer annotation to my class.

also, added corsfilter.

but i keep getting the same error.

Caused by: org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for "https://dev-374370.okta.com/oauth2/default/.well-known/openid-configuration": java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:748) ~[spring-web-5.2.7.RELEASE.jar:5.2.7.RELEASE]
	at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.exchange(RestTemplate.java:651) ~[spring-web-5.2.7.RELEASE.jar:5.2.7.RELEASE]
	at org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.registration.ClientRegistrations.lambda$oidc$0(ClientRegistrations.java:147) ~[spring-security-oauth2-client-5.3.3.RELEASE.jar:5.3.3.RELEASE]
	at org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.registration.ClientRegistrations$$Lambda$665/24878260.get(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
	at org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.registration.ClientRegistrations.getBuilder(ClientRegistrations.java:195) ~[spring-security-oauth2-client-5.3.3.RELEASE.jar:5.3.3.RELEASE]
	... 98 common frames omitted
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

what am i missing, someone should please help.

Ok, I changed my JDK from java 8 to 11 and it’s now working fine.

@chairmo Thanks for the update . It sounds like the issue is gone after you upgrade JDK.

Anyone know if this approach works when using Spring WebFlux ?

@Lijia I am using JDK 11 but still getting same error, any possible configuration am I missing ?

@jain1dit Could you please open a support ticket through an email to support@okta.com. One of our dev support engineers will help you review your code.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.