Update user credentials on app-level

Good day everyone!
I’ve tried to change a user password with this api, for {{url}}/api/v1/apps/{{appId}}/users/{{userId}} and request

{
  "credentials": {
    "password": {
      "value": "updatedP@55word"
    }
  }
}

I got successful response, but the field passwordChanged is null and the user can’t sign in with a new password.

So, Can I update user credentials with this endpoint?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @RuBAN-GT

Unfortunately, this is not possible, as the endpoint {{url}}/api/v1/apps/{{appId}}/users/{{userId}} is used to return the user’s application assignment profile.

The solution is to use this API to change the user’s password and then do a request to /api/v1/users/{{userId} to retrieve the passwordChanged field.

1 Like

@dragos Thank you for your response!

But I’m confused: why apps/appId/users/userId has example with credentials update? It is deprecated information?

Hi @RuBAN-GT

The API described here refers to Secure Web Authentication (SWA) applications in which you save the credentials in Okta and then, after clicking the chiclet on the end-user dashboard, the Okta browser plugin injects the application credentials automatically in the app’s log in page.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for Your help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.