Api for fetching notification is enabled or not

Do we have any api through which we can fetch Security notification emails like password change notification or MFA enrolled notification or new sign on notification?

Hi @pshah! Unfortunately, we don’t get/collect additional user data insights on login as you mentioned. This would be a helpful feature requests; I suggest you create a feature request on our Ideas Portal for others to also vote on as well.

Hi, @sigama. It’s over a year after @pshah posted their question. My use case seems to be very similar, if not the same. I couldn’t find any status of the @pshah feature request. If it has been submitted or already completed, can you please point me in the right direction? Either to the request status page, or to the endpoint covering the feature. Unless, let me explain what I am looking for and where I’ve been looking for it so far.

I am looking for an endpoint in OKTA’s public API, that could provide an information whether the subsequent “Security notification emails” settings have been enabled or not. That includes notification settings like “Report suspicious activity via email”.
I found traces of the above configuration name in "/api/v1/roles/{roleTypeOrRoleId}/subscriptions". Its response contains a field notificationTypes, which one of the possible values is REPORT_SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY.
Unfortunately changes made in the settings in the web portal’s GUI are not reflected in the output of the above endpoint. (Important: it is not only this type of notification setting that’s status interests me. Ideally I have access to all 5 existing notification settings)

I noticed however that the OKTA’s internal API covers such request, and it’s pretty straight forward: GET https://dev-98508130-admin.okta.com/api/internal/org/settings/security-notification-settings.
Is there a reason why a similar endpoint is not available under the public (.../api/v1/...) API? If not, and if there is no other way to programmatically acquire information about these settings, then how can I submit a formal request for adding this feature to the public OKTA API?

I’m sure It’d improve the maintenance and management of many OKTA services configurations as these settings greatly influence security of one’s organization.

Let me know if my message has been clear and my needs have been understood.

As @sigama mentioned, in cases where Okta does not support the functionality you desire, we recommend opening an Okta Idea so that our Product team can gauge customer interest.

Unfortunately, the one Idea I found that looks to be related to this request, https://ideas.okta.com/app/#/case/123333, was closed out 2 years ago due to lack of interest (it had only amassed 5 votes while it was open). If you still would like to see this feature built into our product or if this one does not capture your use case, please create an Okta Idea.

For whatever reason, I cannot access the portal.

Your account has not been configured for the link/application you are trying to access. Please contact Okta Support and request that your account be configured for the link.

Regarding the latter:

Due to lack of access to the mentioned portal, I don’t know how many votes does the regular Okta Idea need to gather to be implemented. Is there a given threshold that one need to reach? If not, then can you please tell me what are the rules governing the decision-making process so I can maximize the chances for this feature to be implemented? Clearly, there is demand for this feature, but it is spread out over time.