Configure Okta with Grails 3.3.3

Hey all, I’ve been following this older tutorial here:

My company needs to integrate an application into our existing Okta setup; however we are hard stuck without ease of upgrade at Grails 3.3.3, which has a Spring Boot version too early to take advantage of the Spring Okta Starter. I’ve followed the aforementioned tutorial above as it was made on Grails 3.3.3, and I know that it requires a plugin hosted on bintray, but seeing as it was also hosted on github, I took that, assembled its jar, and added it as a dependency to a standalone Grails 3.3.3 app. Following the tutorial, I get to the step where you should navigate to the login page and see the Okta login, but instead see the Grails login, as well as this error

2023-08-21 00:03:42.843 ERROR --- [nio-8080-exec-1] .g.p.s.o.SpringSecurityOauth2BaseService : There is no providerService for okta
2023-08-21 00:03:42.905 ERROR --- [nio-8080-exec-1] o.g.web.errors.GrailsExceptionResolver   : OAuth2Exception occurred when processing request: [GET] /springSecurityOAuth2/authenticate - parameters:
provider: okta
No provider 'okta'. Stacktrace follows:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

I’m fairly certain my application.yml is set up correctly, is what I am attempting to do even possible anymore?