Does Okta offer support for integrating authentication in Angular 16 applications using standalone components?

I am currently working on an Angular 16 application where I intend to implement Okta authentication alongside Angular Material components. The specific version of Okta I am using is okta-angular 6.1.0 and okta-auth-js 7.5.0.

Below I’ve attached a snapshot for the same error we’re facing while upgrading okta to 6.1.0.
Does Okta offer support for integrating authentication in Angular 16 applications using standalone components?

Are there any specific considerations or limitations when integrating Okta authentication in an Angular 16 app, particularly when using Angular Material components and Okta version 6?

Are there any known best practices or documentation available for seamless integration of Okta authentication in an Angular 16 application environment similar to mine?

Hi there @Ankita07 !

The latest okta-angular and okta-auth-js libraries definitely work with standalone, although we do have a little more work to make the okta-angular library module-less for better ergonomics.

Here’s a standalone example using latest Okta and Angular v17 (but it doesn’t have Angular Material, although I don’t anticipate problems there). A blog post and updated quickstart are forthcoming.

Based on first glance at the errors, it appears like it’s an imports or providers issues. Would you mind sharing your main.ts app configuration (feel free to redact your Okta issuer and clientid configs)?

Also, I’ll link another devforum post on this topic, as there may be overlap and updates posted to it:

Let us know how it goes!

Adding a link to a post about Okta authentication in stand-alone architecture