Facebook IDP - missing profile picture field

If you visit Users -> Profile -> Google IDP -> Profile Editor, the Google IDP allows you to map the profile picture field “image” (google_idp.image) which represents a URL to the user’s profile picture.

However, with Facebook IDP, the same field mapping option does not exist. Even when going to add a custom attribute, there is no apparent way to add the field which allows you access to the user’s profile picture.

This seems like a bug, or at least a significant omission with the implementation. Is there a secret here as to why I can’t add all of the fields that are available via the public_profile scope of Facebook’s API?

According to the docs, I should be able to add a field for “picture” but Okta’s interface doesn’t allow the option. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions/v2.8#reference-public_profile

I’m pretty sure this is a defect on Okta’s part. I was able to see similar behavior. Do you mind sending a request to support@okta.com? They can see if we are missing something or work with the social team to see if the property is available in another place.

Thanks @tom - will do!

Hi @tom ,
Any follow up on this issue? Looks like this is still not working for FB.