Facebook IDP - missing profile picture field

If you visit Users → Profile → Google IDP → Profile Editor, the Google IDP allows you to map the profile picture field “image” (google_idp.image) which represents a URL to the user’s profile picture.

However, with Facebook IDP, the same field mapping option does not exist. Even when going to add a custom attribute, there is no apparent way to add the field which allows you access to the user’s profile picture.

This seems like a bug, or at least a significant omission with the implementation. Is there a secret here as to why I can’t add all of the fields that are available via the public_profile scope of Facebook’s API?

According to the docs, I should be able to add a field for “picture” but Okta’s interface doesn’t allow the option. Permissions Reference - Graph API - Documentation - Facebook for Developers

I’m pretty sure this is a defect on Okta’s part. I was able to see similar behavior. Do you mind sending a request to support@okta.com? They can see if we are missing something or work with the social team to see if the property is available in another place.

Thanks @tom - will do!

Hi @tom ,
Any follow up on this issue? Looks like this is still not working for FB.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.