FactorID and Authentication With Okta.Auth.Sdk

I have an app that one of our clients wants to use their Okta authentication with (they use Okta Verify for MFA). I can use Okta.Sdk to do so, and it works just fine.

That said, that requires a token for API access, whereas the authentication SDK (Okta.Auth.Sdk) does not. I would prefer to use this, but for the life of me I cannot find a way to obtain the FactorID for multi-factor authentication using the Okta.Auth.Sdk library. Primary authentication does provide MFA_REQUIRED in the response, but no factor information is returned.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Hello,
I assume you are using an Okta Classic Org with the /authn API and the Okta.Auth.Sdk is okta-auth-js?
If so see this link.

The static example SPA application used to test auth-js demonstrates MFA.

If this is not the the okta-auth-js SDK can you provide a link to the SDK you are using and a code sample.

Unfortunately, no, this is not a web-based app. This is a WPF ClickOnce desktop application. I am using the .NET NuGet packages provided by Okta, the Auth library is at GitHub - okta/okta-auth-dotnet: Okta .NET Authentication SDK, and the “full” library is at GitHub - okta/okta-sdk-dotnet.

It’s frustrating because I feel like I’m missing a tiny piece here, and I can’t find it. If I had a way of determining the Factor ID, the auth library would be perfect, but the call doesn’t work without the Factor ID and I see no way of getting it with just the auth library. I feel like I’m missing something obvious.