Issue with Angular Module Federation and okta-auth-js

I’m seeing the following error when I try to run an app using module federation

@okta/okta-auth-js/esm/browser/index.js
No version specified and unable to automatically determine one. No version in description file (usually package.json). Add version to description file

I’m not entirely sure how to deal with this as I can’t update the package.json file of that library. Any suggestions?

Hey there! What versions of Angular & okta-auth-js are you using? Also, are you using nx or @angular-architects/module-federation to scaffold/configure the module federation?

You might also want to check out the webpack config file in this blog post & associated GH repo that incorporates okta-auth-js in an Angular v13 MFE project using @angular-architects/module-federation.

Final project GH repo - GitHub - oktadev/okta-angular-microfrontend-example at deploy

Keep us posted!

I’m using Angular 14 inside of an Nx 14 workspace. I used Nx to scaffold the micro frontend.

I just tried upgrading the sample repo I posted to Angular 14 and the latest versions of @okta/okta-angular and @okta/okta-auth-js, and I see the same error. This error appears specific to the latest version of @okta/okta-auth-js and module federation? I will file an issue with the SDK team.

Using @okta/okta-angular@5.2.0 and @okta/okta-auth-js@6.4.3 works for me. Can you try these versions of the Okta SDKs in your app? Let us know if this resolves the problem for you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.