Istio OIDC issues

I am trying to set up OIDC integration with Okta using Istio’s Access and Identity Adapter

I have set up an OIDCConfig Custom Resource similar to this with my okta info:

apiVersion: "security.cloud.ibm.com/v1"
kind: OidcConfig
metadata:
    name: my-oidc-provider-config
    namespace: test
spec:
    discoveryUrl: http://{my-okta-server}/oauth2/default/.well-known/openid-configuration
    clientId: $okta-id
    clientSecretRef:
        name: okta_secret
        key:  $okta_credential_key

I have configured a Okta Application of type Web with grant type Client Credentials and Authorization Code(there seems to be no way to just set it as client credentials).

However, I keep getting this error after redirect on success authentication in Okta:

UNAUTHENTICATED:handler-appidentityandaccessadapter.handler.istio-system:invalid_request: Cannot supply multiple client credentials. Use one of the following: credentials in the Authorization header, credentials in the post body, or a client_assertion in the post body.

I figured out the issue, the adapter requires to set the authentication method in the OIDCConfig

authMethod: client_secret_post
1 Like

I am using Istio as an ingress gateway and trying to setup okta authorization within a sidecar proxy for a Node.js app but keep running into a ‘Invalid X-Requested-With header’ error, i confirmed Okta is not receiving the token from my app, would you happen to have any documentation you could share that helped you get this up and running?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.