Need docs/info for defining custom settings as vendor/OIN app

We would like to publish our application to the Okta Integration Network. We have a multi-tenant web application, and we’d like a spot for the admin to fill in the custom tenant (organization) name, and then use that parameter later in the SAML configuration.

For example, if you go to “Add Application” and choose “GitHub”, there’s a custom field with the label “GitHub organization”. How/where do I define a custom label and field like that, and then how do I use the value that gets typed in as part of the configuration?

I haven’t been able to find documentation for this, so I’m wondering if I’m even in the right spot. Where is the documentation for apps being published to the OIN?

1 Like

Hi @andrew-barnett

Once you submit your application in oinmanager.okta.com, someone from our Applications Team will reach back to you via email in order to assist with the integration in OIN.

You can specify to him or her that you would like the final version of your application to have also a custom subdomain section for customers to fill and they will add it.

I’m looking for exactly the same (same use case, multi-tenancy SaaS provider, SAML2 app). Will also go via the OIN submission then, but I was also looking into the docs and couldn’t find any info. I think it would be good to have some info about this in the docs, or at least point to the OIN submission, otherwise people (like me now), need to go to this forum to find the info.

@mathiasconradt, looks like we have more info on how to set variables for fields you want to use here Configure protocol-specific settings | Okta Developer.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s helpful :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.