Need Help on API Invocation with SSO enabled

consider application ‘X’ is configured to use Oracle IDCS for authentication. Another application ‘B’ is configured to use Okta for authentication. Now IDCS and Okta are configured in a SSO such that IDCS is service provider and Okta is IDP. Is there a way user logged into application ‘B’ can hit an API on application ‘X’? We are expecting the auth to be handled by virtue of SSO. Application B can have whatever token generate logic needed to do this and we are open to use SAML or OIDC

1 Like

Any input on this will be highly appreciated, Thank you,

1 Like

Hello! Please refer to my colleague’s response in this thread and let us know if it is helpful - Unable Fetching the super User token from OKTA - #6 by daniel.sanders If you still need assistance, please open a support case using the support portal or by emailing developers@okta.com. We will likely need to review your case in more detail.

Hi @piyusha I have responded to the thread and waiting for the response. Have emailed as well. Putting it here also .

My use case is:

Consider application ‘X’ is configured to use Oracle IDCS for authentication. Another application ‘B’ is configured to use Okta for authentication. Now IDCS and Okta are configured in a SSO such that IDCS is service provider and Okta is IDP. Is there a way user logged into application ‘B’ can hit an API on application ‘X’? We are expecting the auth to be handled by virtue of SSO. Application B can have whatever token generate logic needed to do this and we are open to use SAML or OIDC.

Some doubts as well :

This option- https://developer.okta.com/docs/guides/implement-oauth-for-okta-serviceapp/main/which you have suggested in the comment is only for accessing Okta endpoints themselves, don’t think it would be helpful for our usecase. Please suggest

Customscope with default auth server option is also promising, but will that generate id tokens ?

Is the statement true - we cannot add our own scopes with this service app option, we can only add okta api scopes ?

Please share a link or guide or any reference material to achieve it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.