Office 365 ADFS to Okta Familiarity?

I was curious about anyone else’s experiences moving from ADFS over to Okta ( at least for authentication ). I’ve been considering making the move for months. This evening I began running through the app setup and utilizing WS-Federation (automatic) it seems way too deceptively simple for comfort. O365 Username/Password, define the domains, and save? It can’t possibly be that simple ( could it )?

We currently run Azure AD Connect ( with Password Sync ) to synchronize all attributes to Azure AD ( for Office 365, amongst other things ). After making this move, I assume we’d still need that despite authentication going through Okta?

Appreciate any words of wisdom on this one. Paranoia is running pretty high considering the fallout if anything went severely wrong. Thank you!

Yeah, it’s simple indeed, but there are some gotchas if you do not think through all possible type of clients you have and if MFA will be enabled:

• thick clients using legacy authN
  • service accounts

If in doubt, I’d suggest just spin up a preview tenant, lab AD and sandbox O365 tenant to run the process on your own to get more confidence in what you are doing and what to expect.

GL/HF :slight_smile: