Okta Verify API or SDK

Is there an API for Okta Verify for third party developers?

Hi there. Is this what you’re looking for?

Enroll: Authentication | Okta Developer
Activate: Authentication | Okta Developer
Verify: Authentication | Okta Developer

@rainer of course I may have misunderstood what you were asking.

Take a look at this blog post about our upcoming devices SDK:

It’s currently on our roadmap and on track for Early Access in the 2nd half of this year:

https://support.okta.com/help/s/productroadmap?language=en_US

1 Like

Thank you Cale for responding. I see:
“The Devices SDK and the Devices API will be in Early Access in Q1 of 2021. If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out to your customer success manager or Okta account representative.”
Who would a developer reach out to?

What I am looking for is how to hook into Okta Verify in the way I can hook into Duo Mobile where a user can chose Duo as 2FA method and enroll and then use it as a 2FA for our third party app. so Okta Verify would be just another option in addition to Google Auth, Microsoft Auth, Duo, RSA, etc.

@rainer It sounds like maybe you are looking for api docs like the first post I made. Take a look at those enroll/activate/verify links I posted and see if that will get you where you need to be. If not, can you elaborate a bit more on what you’re trying to do?

We are a third party software vendor and we support 2FA methods like Duo. With Duo you have an Admin Console where enterprise customers can manage their users and devices enrolled in Duo. A user need to enroll their device in Duo 2FA and can then use it. We have access to the Duo API and can facilitate users of the enterprise to enroll their devices in our 2FA via Duo. Will Okta offer the same functionality for Verify?

We are in the same boat but have not seen a clear answer. @rainer asked it perfectly above. Does this functionality exist?

Yes, you can try the below activation key.

Enroll: Authentication | Okta Developer
Activate: Authentication | Okta Developer
Verify: Authentication | Okta Developer

Thanks
Steave Brain

1 Like