Okta vue app hosted in IIS

I’m trying to host a vue app in IIS on our dev server.

but after I login, I get a 404 error, it’s acting like the \callback path doesn’t exist.

I checked into the minified code, and the redirects in the router are still there

const callBackList = [
{
path: ‘/implicit/callback’,
component: Auth.handleCallback(),
},
{
path: ‘/callback’,
component: Auth.handleCallback(),
},
]

Everything works perfectly on localhost.

Thanks,

E-

@ericbrown Can you pls clarify a little bit more how to reproduce the issue?
Are you referring Okta vue sdk? Which function are you calling?

I load Okta vue app in IIs

I can hit main screen and login just fine

when the login finishes and it tries to goto the \callback screen, it gets a 404, and the app hangs.

The ulr rewrite module is installed

Exact same code works when run local host. it’s just got the .env variables swapped out, and is transpiled and minified.

Thanks,

Eric-

Per a SO post i changed the url rewrite from \ to index.html and it’s different…

I don’t get the 404 any more

when when i login the code doesn’t see the token and if I hit login again I get this message

AuthSdkError: The app should not attempt to call getToken on callback. Authorize flow is already in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens.

THanks,

Eric-

I changed the web.config to rewrite the url to index.html instead of , and
now when I log in, it goes back to my “you are not logged in screen”,

Wait nothing happens

Hit login agian, get this error

AuthSdkError: The app should not attempt to call getToken on callback. Authorize flow is already in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens.

Yeah, so I made a 4pm to 4:25 CT appt. today to work on our issue, and nobody showed up it’s 4:21 .

The appt was it Lijia.

Any help is appreciated.

Any way to get help from Warren Yuen again? That guy was super helpful.

Thanks,

Eric-

P.S. - Also got support from Cale Switzer - Sent him issue with error message, he asked a couple questions, then literally just paraphrased the original error message back to me explaining that “404 not found”, means it was Error code 404, which means not found, so it couldn’t be found.

Re-sending CCing Randy, instead of Casey, who is not longer at Okta.

now after 4:25, total no show for video call.

Thanks,

Eric-

@ericbrown It looks like you already created a ticket and there is no more update from your side since Sept 14th. The best way to get immediate response is to send us an email via your open ticket. Please continue working this issue in the ticket. Thanks.

Still trying to deploy app to dev server.

I got a post on the forums to follow up here

I try to login, the callback gets hit, but i get this error:

ncaught (in promise) r {name: ‘AuthSdkError’, message: ‘The app should not attempt to call getToken on cal…in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens.’, errorCode: ‘INTERNAL’, errorSummary: ‘The app should not attempt to call getToken on cal…in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens.’, errorLink: ‘INTERNAL’, …}errorCauses: errorCode: "INTERNAL"errorId: "INTERNAL"errorLink: "INTERNAL"errorSummary: "The app should not attempt to call getToken on callback. Authorize flow is already in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens."message: "The app should not attempt to call getToken on callback. Authorize flow is already in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens."name: “AuthSdkError”[[Prototype]]: Error
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:4056)
at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:11626)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:6207)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:16577)
at eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:498)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:508)stack: “Error\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:4056)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:11626)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:6207)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:16577)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:498)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:508)”[[Prototype]]: Object
callback:1 Uncaught (in promise)

Uncaught (in promise) r {name: ‘AuthSdkError’, message: ‘The app should not attempt to call getToken on cal…in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens.’, errorCode: ‘INTERNAL’, errorSummary: ‘The app should not attempt to call getToken on cal…in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens.’, errorLink: ‘INTERNAL’, …}errorCauses: errorCode: "INTERNAL"errorId: "INTERNAL"errorLink: "INTERNAL"errorSummary: "The app should not attempt to call getToken on callback. Authorize flow is already in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens."message: "The app should not attempt to call getToken on callback. Authorize flow is already in process. Use parseFromUrl() to receive tokens."name: “AuthSdkError”[[Prototype]]: Error
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:4056)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:11626)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:6207)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:16577)
at eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:498)
at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:508)stack: “Error\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:4056)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:11626)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:6207)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:16577)\n at t (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:141)\n at eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:498)\n at Object.eval (webpack:///./node_modules/@okta/okta-vue/bundles/okta-vue.umd.js?:26:508)”[[Prototype]]: Objectcause: undefinedconstructor: ƒ Error()message: ""name: "Error"toString: ƒ toString()[[Prototype]]: Object

@ericbrown If you just want to address the issue in the forum and get help from someone specific, you may try to tag his name here. Another way to get help is posting the above code info to the specific sdk package https://github.com/okta/okta-vue/issues and create an issue.