Org.openid.appauth.general error -6, what is this?

Hi all,

I integrating Okta auth in my iOS app, but I catching this error:

error: "Authorization Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (org.openid.appauth.general error -6.)"

In my dev Domain without multifactor authentication the app works fine and I get the token Response OK.

but in our customer’s okta domain with multifactor Auth (SMS) I get the error.

I can’t find any documentation about this. I read some post about this org.openid response that I need to pass additional parameters, is this true? or possible?

Thanks a lot!!

@Anibal Are you referring SDK okta-oidc-ios? Which version you are using?

Hi Lijia,

Thanks for your reply!

I’m using the sample in the dev okta page with OktaAuth (OktaAuth.login().start…), works fine with my dev Okta app, but with our customers (client) Okta app I’m getting that error. I try with the demo link ( preconfigured sample app, is using OktaOidc [oktaOidc?.signInWithBrowser…] ) in our applications dashboard, and works fine with our DevOkta App, but again with the customer issuer we get an error: “Authorization Error: invalid_client: Client authentication failed. Either the client or the client credentials are invalid.” But if we try to access in a web browser in my mac the cretentials (including the mutifactor auth SMS) works fine.

My questions is, if we need to configure something in the app dashboard or user permission.

@Anibal Can you please clarify which sample you are using now? It would be better to add a link.
I did some research. Can this similar issue give you a hint?

I’m using the example in the applications section:

the version is 3.9.2

the issue that you mention is the same error, but I need the webview login without passing values in the Login()

the example use these sentences to show the webview login (version is 3.9.2):

oktaOidc?.signInWithBrowser(from: self, callback: { [weak self] stateManager, error in
            if let error = error {
                let alert = UIAlertController(title: "Error SignInWBrowser", message: error.localizedDescription, preferredStyle: .alert)
                alert.addAction(UIAlertAction(title: "OK", style: .default, handler: nil))
                self?.present(alert, animated: true, completion: nil)
                return
            }
            self?.stateManager?.clear()
            self?.stateManager = stateManager
            self?.stateManager?.writeToSecureStorage()
            self?.performSegue(withIdentifier: "show-details", sender: self)
        })

I get the same error that the issue.

When I use the AppAuth (“0.3.0”):

OktaAuth.login()
            .start(self) {
                response, error in
                print(response)
                if error != nil {
                    print(error!)
                    self.lblStatusOkta.text = "No ha iniciado sesión con su cuenta de Okta.\n presione INICIAR SESIÓN para intentar de nuevo."
                    self.activityIndicator.stopAnimating()
                    self.btnLogin.setTitle("INICIAR SESIÓN", for: .normal)

}

I get the error: error: "Authorization Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (org.openid.appauth.general error -6.)"

@Anibal I suggest you can take a look the below GH discussion:

If these still not answer your question, you may post your own question to this SDK issues.