SAML integration login with Okta Sign In Widget

Hello,

I am using salesforce platform and I want to use SAML 2.0 using the Okta sign in widget. But, looks like I am unable to find proper documentation or examples where I could get some reference.

Could anyone guide me with the steps or any reference links?

Thanks,

I don’t think this is possible. You have to use OIDC if you want to embed the Sign-In Widget in your app.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I want to use SSO using SAML.

Its it possible that we can login into okta using my public page with username and password?

or any other way w/o landing to okta page.

Or If I can add my custom url to replace default okta page (I see that option) then How cab I authenticate okta creds on that page?

You can use SSO with OIDC - you don’t have to use SAML for SSO.

If you want to present your users with a username and password form (rather than redirecting to Okta), you can do it with the Sign-In Widget or our Auth JS SDK. All of our JS libraries are built on top of our Auth JS SDK.

Our userIds are provisioned by the AZURAD SAML identity provider, is there any way to log them in using a custom sign in widget? Are there any examples available?

Hi @syberbot! This can be achieved using the IDP discovery feature, however, this is not currently supported through the self-hosted Okta Sign-in Widget. You may test out a few workarounds mentioned here: