Simple OKTA-SAML authentication using JAVA API REST

Hi,

I am very new to Java and OKTA (I am a systems admin).

We have an application running on WebSphere and already it’s configured to be trusted by Okta. The problem is that, in certain Workflows, we need to call a pop-up window requesting user and password to confirm an action (required by the FDA) using Java.

I am thinking of using Java and do a POST to /api/v1/authn, sending the parameters in Json format.

BUT I am not sure where to start, which .jars should I download?

I was trying using GitHub - okta/okta-auth-java: okta-auth-java, but I have problems big time trying to resolve all the missing dependencies and I was expecting to include a simple .jar (not all the .javas included there) and call these functions:

Client client = Clients.builder()
			.setOrgUrl("https://myURL.com")
			.setClientCredentials(new TokenClientCredentials("SomeAPIkey"))
			.build();

client.authenticate(“user”, “password”, “RelayState”, “stateHandler”);

In the name of God, I present here my help request, please help me.

Hey @TrustedAuth!

The new to Java might be the biggest hurdle. I’d recommend using Apache Maven to manage your dependencies. We have an example project here:

That said, I almost always recommend people try to see if an OIDC/OAuth2 option works for you before trying to use the Authentication API (with great power…). I cannot say if that would work for you given your FDA requirements.
We have a bunch of getting started with Spring Boot + OAuth posts on the Okta Blog:

I’d suggest you reach out to Okta support or sales, they can help you with some of those types of requirements too.

Thank you bdemers,

I recreated the project as Maven project and included the dependencies there and the .jars were magically downloaded.

Now the function works.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.