Some users blocked from getWithoutPrompt

Have an app with a fairly impressive user base, but I have just a few people with problems authenticating.

We are using okta-auth-js and implicit flow.

For the people with the issue, getWithoutPrompt (which internally uses the iframe and postMessage) fails silently.

Our Auth server is on a different domain than the application, so first suspect was third party cookies being blocked (which causes same issue), however I have confirmed for this handful of users that they are not blocking.

They do use antivirus (different for each user) and I am pursuing that line of investigation - but is there anything like a list of known issues with security appliances, vpns, antivirus, ad-blockers, etc…?

So far i have not been able to reproduce the issue with any of the antivirus packages that i have tried so far (macafee endpoint security, spyhunter 5)

Posting here in the hopes that someone has seen similar issues.

Many thanks,

Mark

Found the issue. First of all, I was swallowing the errors so it is my own fault it was failing silently.

The error? These users were on domains which had a bad time sync, so they all had clocks which were over 10 minutes slow.

The error?

The JWT was issued in the future

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.