I was testing the Okta New Device behaviour policy. I set the evaluate against 2 authentications and the behaviour policy is added to signon policy rule . I followed the below steps to test the policy.
- Login with Chrome browser - the rule is triggered with New Device= POSITIVE ( then logout )
- Login with Safari browser - the rule is triggered with New Device= POSITIVE ( then logout )
- Login with Firefox browser - the rule is triggered with New Device= POSITIVE ( then logout )
Now tried with chrome browser ( from 1st attempt with same DeviceFingerprint ), I was expecting this time again the rule should trigger with New Device= POSITIVE ( as New Device evaluation is 2 authentications ) but the rule is not evaluated as New Device=NEGATIVE.
please can I get some help in
- My expectation as outcome in the above case is correct? then why the rule didn’t trigger.
- Whether Okta still remembering the device fingerprint for the chrome browser after 2 authentications?
Thanks in Adv.