Testing Okta New Device Behaviour policy

Hi

I was testing the Okta New Device behaviour policy. I set the evaluate against 2 authentications and the behaviour policy is added to signon policy rule . I followed the below steps to test the policy.

• Login with Chrome browser - the rule is triggered with New Device= POSITIVE ( then logout )
  • Login with Safari browser - the rule is triggered with New Device= POSITIVE ( then logout )
  • Login with Firefox browser - the rule is triggered with New Device= POSITIVE ( then logout )

Now tried with chrome browser ( from 1st attempt with same DeviceFingerprint ), I was expecting this time again the rule should trigger with New Device= POSITIVE ( as New Device evaluation is 2 authentications ) but the rule is not evaluated as New Device=NEGATIVE.

please can I get some help in

• My expectation as outcome in the above case is correct? then why the rule didn’t trigger.
  • Whether Okta still remembering the device fingerprint for the chrome browser after 2 authentications?

Thanks in Adv.

Hi @naresh0460! Please open a support ticket through an email to support@okta.com with this issue. One of our Support Engineers will be happy to assist you further.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.