Update ImmutableID at App Level

I need to update the ImmutableID field for a user at application level(not global level via profile editor), is there an API available to do this (for 1 user I can edit this while assigning a user to the app; when it comes to 1000 user we need a script)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciable.

Hello,
Have you tried Apps | Okta Developer

Erik,

Thanks, it worked under Apps API.
I am able to update the ImmutableID at profile level.

Tested this in Postman for single user, can we run this for multiple users in postman ?

Hi Erik, by any chance you check this ?

You would need to create a script to update each user assigned to the application or use Postman Runner to do the same.

@krishnan.nats
I’m trying to do this exactly as Krishnan mentioned at the APP level ,and I get error 0000078, immutableId cannot be change because it is immutable (which is a really fun error).
I followed this post to get that far, but was surprised to read that krishnan got it working.

I re-read and re-read this, it looks as if you got it working but on a profile level only? I need to get it working for the individual level profile per app… because I have to do an override.

I can do this in the gui itself by clicking the pencil by each user assignment, but I can not seem to find a way to do this in a script.

Why am I able to do it in the gui but not in the api?

Krishnan, what was your final solution? I’d love to hear it.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.