Hi, i need to update the mapping from the identity provider user type to the okta user type. I have access to the identity provider id. What is the best way to get the mapping id ? I was thinking the following steps
- get the identity provider user profile type id using the user types api : api/v1/apps/<idp_id>/user/types
- find the mapping id using the sourceId from the api result in the step above and the targetId as the okta user type id
- update the mapping now using the mappings api
Is this the most efficient way? Or is there a better way?
Update : I now tried
- find all mappings with sourceId as my idp id. in our case at least, it is only 1 mapping . api/v1/mappings?sourceId=
- use the mapping id to do the update
I don’t think I can get the mapping ID directly without making the find mappings call. Is that correct?