Using Sign-in Widget in mobile app

I am using the Okta Sign-In Widget for authentication into our Angular web application and it works great. We also package our application as a mobile app using CapacitorJS which wraps it inside of a webview to run as a native mobile app. Problem is that the widget does not function inside of the webview because of the browser redirects needed to function.

Does anyone have experience with using the widget in this fashion or perhaps suggestions for possible options with this scenario?

I’ve been able to defer this issue a bit but now I’m back on it. From lack of responses looks like I have to go this one alone :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello,
I have never setup an application like this.

I am using the Okta Sign-In Widget for authentication into our Angular web application and it works great.

Is this a self hosted Widget in your Angular Application?
If so what browser redirect is happening?

If you have a simple sample application demonstrating the issue that you can make available.

Thanks for the reply erik. I actually got it working in the hybrid mobile app and it turned out to be internal application issues rather than something the widget was doing. I did run into one problem with logout where the app was using OktaAuth.signOut() and I could not get that redirect to work without the mobile app trying to open the link externally in the browser app. The solution for that was instead to do OktaAuth.closeSession() and handle app navigation routing internally within our app.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.