Activate a SAML Certificate via Terraform

Hello,
Is there a way to activate a SAML certificate for an application via the Okta Terraform provider? The okta_app_saml resource allows for a new certificate to be created and added to the app, but is in an inactive state whenever it’s added.

You can find the Terraform resource and arguments I’m referencing to create the certificate here

I haven’t been able to find a way to do this via the API either. Does anyone have any documentation on that?

As far as I can tell, there isn’t an API endpoint to do this, thus there is not a way to complete this in Terraform.

Thanks @andrea

Do you have any recommendations for getting the method added to the API and TFE provider? This seems to be a considerable gap especially since the API affords the ability to create a new certificate and configure it.

I wasn’t able to find anything about this being in the works right now (but I also don’t touch SAML all that much). You might want to file a Feature Request on our Okta Ideas site.

Thanks for the quick response @andrea . After doing some digging, I found that the API method does actually exist! However, it’s not listed in the apps api documentation and it’s not listed in the swagger docs. However, whenever you pull down the postman collection from the apps api documentation site there is a entry for Update application certificate and it works exactly as expected(although it would be nice to use a key alias instead of the random uuid that’s the kid).

So at this point I would just need the the operation added to the Terraform provider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.