Appinstance not found for client secretns management operation

hey Okta team, I am trying to list client secrets ({{url}}/api/v1/apps/{{applicationId}}/credentials/secrets) for one of our applications using Postman collections.
For the application ID ‘0oaw146qkvWw65Wao416’, I am getting the error “Not found: Resource not found: 0oaw146qkvWw65Wao416 (AppInstance)”.
However, when I pass the same app ID to GET application endpoint ({{url}}/api/v1/apps/{{appId}}), I am getting the application details successfully.
Error:
{
“errorCode”: “E0000007”,
“errorSummary”: “Not found: Resource not found: 0oaw146qkvWw65Wao416 (AppInstance)”,
“errorLink”: “E0000007”,
“errorId”: “oaeg2j-LbHHQOmEd9tT3BC-bg”,
“errorCauses”:
}

How is it possible for an app ID to be available in application endpoint, but not client secret endpoint?

For reference: My application is native Snowflake connection. My eventual usecase is using ‘add new client secret’ endpoint to pass SCIM token from Snowflake to Okta.
Could you also confirm if that is the correct endpoint for that?

Thank you in advance!

What type of application is this? Is it a custom OIDC app or an OIN app?

Hey Andrea, It is an OIN app: Snowflake | Okta

And the secret you’re trying to access is related to the Provisioning component of the app? If so, there is no public API to retrieve/update that information, at least not at this time.

Thanks for the confirmation Andrea!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.