Assigning application to user in console not working?

Hi,
I have created an application for development and wanted to add others users to be able to sign in to the application. I added them and their user record shows that they have access to the application but when they login into the my developer site it says they don’t have any applications assigned to them and to contact me? Should they be able to login and see what applications they have access to?

Screenshot 2021-02-01 142431

Thanks,
Chris

Is it an OIDC app? If yes, then you need to change the Login initiated by setting to Either Okta or App and then you can modify the Application visibility settings. You will also want to change the Initiate login URI to the login page of your application. The other option is to create a bookmark app that will redirect to your application’s login page.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 9.01.44 AM

Hi Warren,

Thanks, yes it is an OIDC app. I also wanted to know if it is possible to expose the logs for the app to another user? We have security folks that want to have access to the application logs if possible.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris, according to this chart you would want to give those users read-only admin or report admin access so they can view system logs.
https://help.okta.com/en/prod/Content/Topics/Security/administrators-admin-comparison.htm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.