Better, Faster, Lighter Java with Java 12 and JHipster 6

Matt Raible

Hello Sridhar,

I covered how to enable user registration with Keycloak and with Okta in a previous post.

To summarize for Okta: log in to your Okta developer console, go to Users > Registration and enable it.

sridhar vennela

Thanks @mattraible.

Tuhin Mandal

Hi @mattraible , I am kinda facing hard time setting up social login (jhipster 6 monolith app with okta social login google, facebook).Could you please provide some guide ?

Matt Raible

Hello Tuhin,

If you’re using JHipster 5, Add Social Login to Your JHipster App should work. Otherwise, I’d recommend reading JHipster’s Enable Social Login documentation.

delkant

Very nice! but I will appreciate some help here. I followed your tutorial using the latest version of Jhipster (Release 6.8.0) and created 2 users both in the ROLE_ADMIN group and one of them only in ROLE_USER group, no matter what user I use I always get “logged in as user”. I cannot get Admin access, what I am doing wrong?? Thanks.

Matt Raible

Did you create a “groups” claim and add it to the ID token?

delkant

Awesome Thanks! I double checked that config and now it is working. I put “start with” instead of “matches regex” for the filter.

Deepak Gautam

Hello Mr Matt
I am getting below error while creating entity
"ERROR! Error: The entity generator doesn’t support reactive apps at the moment"

i am using below version
Java version : 1.8
JhipsterVersion : 6.8.0
Please help me…

Thanks

Matt Raible

JHipster 6.8.0 does not have support for generating reactive entities. It was added two days after its release.

Deepak Gautam

Can you please let me know . how we can create entity ?
I am using below command for crating entities…

jhipster entity <entity-name>

Matt Raible

You have two options:

1. Don’t use reactive. Just create a regular app that’s not reactive.
2. Clone the JHipster repo and use its code to generate your app and entities.

git clone GitHub - jhipster/generator-jhipster: JHipster is a development platform to quickly generate, develop, & deploy modern web applications & microservice architectures.
cd generator-jhipster
npm link

cd ~/<your-app>
jhipster # to create app
cd <your-app>
npm link generator-jhipster

You have to do the 2nd part or it won’t be using the linked JHipster to generate entities.

Deepak Gautam

i did’nt understand 2nd point . could u please elaborate more?

Matt Raible

These are the steps you need to use to create a JHipster app using the latest (unreleased) code. You can read more about how to do it in our contributing guide. You could also wait for our next release.

Deepak Gautam

In your next release Will it be fixed(Entity creating issue for reactive app)?

Matt Raible

Yes!

Deepak Gautam

Expected next release date ? Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Matt Raible

We don’t typically commit to release dates. My guess is within the next two weeks.

Deepak Gautam

Thank for support and help :slight_smile:

caco fanti

Matt, excellent post, thank you.

I am able to use the application with Keycloak. When following the instructions to switch to Okta I get the following error on startup:

2020-04-10 15:25:25.164 WARN 21212 — [ restartedMain] ConfigServletWebServerApplicationContext : Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘securityConfiguration’ defined in file [/Volumes/EXternalSSD/BehavioSec/Development/jhipster/jhipster-sample-app-oauth2-master/target/classes/io/github/jhipster/sample/config/SecurityConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 2; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘org.zalando.problem.spring.web.advice.security.SecurityProblemSupport’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.web.servlet.WebMvcAutoConfiguration$EnableWebMvcConfiguration’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method ‘setConfigurers’ parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘org.springframework.security.config.annotation.web.configuration.OAuth2ClientConfiguration$OAuth2ClientWebMvcSecurityConfiguration’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method ‘setClientRegistrationRepository’ parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘clientRegistrationRepository’ defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/security/oauth2/client/servlet/OAuth2ClientRegistrationRepositoryConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.registration.InMemoryClientRegistrationRepository]: Factory method ‘clientRegistrationRepository’ threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The Issuer “https://dev-903105.oktaprev…” provided in the configuration metadata did not match the requested issuer "https://dev-903105-admin.ok…"

Any suggestions on where to look?

caco fanti

Changing “https://dev-903105-admin.ok……” to “https://dev-903105.oktaprev……” fixed the problem.