Close current session - Error (Resource not found: me (session) Postman

Hi Team,

I am trying to close current user on Logout from my OIDC web application. For that, I am trying to test the given api to close the current session however, always receive the same “NOT FOUND” response

I have tried Clear User Session or Clear session api call also but no success in that also.
//
As I am not able clear out the browser session that results always giving me the “TRUE” flag when I check below
– HttpContext.Current.GetOwinContext().Authentication.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated
/
/

Please suggest what I am doing wrong.

This endpoint is meant to be used within the browser via a CORS/Fetch request. Its reliant on being able to access/see the user’s Okta session cookie as set in the browser when they logged into Okta.

Here’s an example Fetch request you can test out:

fetch('https://oktaDomain.com/api/v1/sessions/me', {method: 'DELETE', credentials: "include"})
  .then((response) => {
    return response.json();
  })

Keep in mind that

1. the domain you make this request from must be added to Trusted Origins in your org for CORS requests
  2. your browser is NOT blocking third party cookies. For more details, check out FAQ How Blocked Third Party Cookies Can Potentially Impact Your Okta Environment | Okta Help Center
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.