Dasboards with multiple application tiles

Hi All,

I am trying to build a custom dasboard with multiple applications.What would be approach. Here is what I have thought?

Dashboard - App1
Tile1 - App2
Tile2 - App3

How would Okta handle the sessions?

Different applications will have different group assignments.

Thanks.
Gaz

Did you test the tabs option: https://help.okta.com/en/prod/Content/Topics/Settings/Settings_Manage_Dashboard_Tabs_for_End_Users.htm

No, I am not referring to Okta Dashboard, but a custom dashboard build via VueJS.

Hi @Gaz

You can authenticate via CORS to Okta (either through a custom JS or throguh the Okta sign-in widget) and then refresh the session from time to time in order to keep the user active in Okta. While having the session active, any tile that your users will access will redirect them through Okta to the desired application successfully.

Thanks @dragos. What is the best approach to refresh the session from time to time?

Hi @Gaz

You can use the call available here to refresh the session in Okta or automate it through an event to refresh the session automatically every 30-60 minutes, depending on how you have the session lifetime in Okta.

If you have okta-auth-js configured already in your application, you can use session.refresh().

Well, I don’t have any requirement for a refresh, but should cover within an existing session.

Let’s says when user logs in for the first time on App # 1, he would get the credential page, but should NOT for App # 2, if he is part of the assigned group for App #2.