OIN: Code example + submission

Hello,

We have an existing login system but a client would like to be able to login using Okta. Our system uses Nextjs.

I have searched for some docs and created an application in my Okta admin dashboard. as per this link. Build a Single Sign-On (SSO) integration | Okta Developer

What I would like to know is what I need to code.
Do I have to redo everything to use Okta?
Should I just redirect the user to Okta and Okta will send him back with additional information? If so, where do I redirect him?
I may not have found the information I needed but I just didn’t understand everything about how OIN works.

Okta will identify the user and then redirect the person, how do we get the information back?

I apologize if my question seems silly but not really knowing Okta I prefer to ask to be directed as well as possible, if I missed an information in the tutorial I apologize.

Thank you in advance for your answers and I wish you a good day.

For the OIDC integration, your app would retrieve tokens from your client’s Okta org which would contain information about the user.

I would also suggest taking a look at this article that talks about multi-tenancy and Okta. You will need to consider how your customer should share their Okta org and client app information with you.