Okta + Wordpress Integration SSO

I was wondering if anyone has had luck running Okta with Wordpress? I have only seen two plugins for this but overall the end results seem that they are not finished. Has anyone had a success with this integration?

@jascencio Is this one of the plugins you mentioned? What problems are you running into with it?

@andrea Yeah, that one. So when I configure the application (Im using Okta Sandbox) prior to any production integration. Once logging into Okta it kicks back to the login back, so it creates a loop of just constant logging in. I have followed instructions and placed the correct URI’s as listed as well.

Can you check to see if there are any errors in the console or in your server logs?

Logs you mean within Okta and the user trying to be provisioned? It shows as successful and well as Wordpress, Wordpress console shows a user account created under jascencio@pagerduty.com , just doesnt seem to allow me to enter the actual wordpress console.
All event logs shows “succesful”

@andrea any idea on the issue?

Yeah, everything in system log looks successful. Did anything error in the browser console?

Nothing was erroring out, not sure if it is because we use a hidden login? but then again the information provided is correct for the login URI. Not sure why it reverts back to Okta login after a successful login. Any thoughts?

@jascencio Can you please open a support ticket through an email to support@okta.com with this issue? One of our Support Engineers will take the case and assist you in narrowing down the cause of the issue. Thanks

@Lijia sounds good, I just sent over an email!

Hey, not sure if you’re still trying to solve the issue but fortunately for me I found a solution for this problem, provided by miniOrange. I approached them and their WordPress SAML SSO plugin solution was not only easier than most guides online to set up, but it was also pretty affordable. They also provided excellent support post-deployment of the plugin. And if you want, they can even live assist you to set it up, should you encounter any problems at all. I would highly suggest you to get in touch with them, and they’ll be able to get you up to speed in absolutely no time!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.